Since the start of the National Redress Scheme in Australia we have provided updates on its progress and yesterday we commented on the recommendations for change made in connection with its implementation. The latest statistics from the NRS are detailed below.
As of 24 April 2020, the Scheme: –
- had received 6,716 applications
- had made 2,093 decisions, including 1,751 payments totalling over $136.8 million
- had made 370 offers of redress, which applicants have six months to consider
- was processing 3,843 applications
- had 859 applications on hold, including 526 because one or more institution named had not yet joined.
Written by Sharon Moohan at BLM