As indicated last week during the preliminary hearings the IICSA has today published two issues papers. These are on the topics of the Civil Justice System and Criminal Compensation. Responses to the questions raised are required by 29 September 2016.
The issues papers look at whether:
- Processes are accessible for all victims and survivors
- Processes are conducted in as timely a manner as possible
- Claims are investigated fairly and claimants/applicants treated equally
- Claimants/applicants are treated with sensitivity
- An apology and/or an admission of liability is made
- An appropriate amount of compensation is awarded
Once responses have been received they will be analysed and some contributors will be invited to seminars to explore the themes identified.
Written by Paula Jefferson, Partner